When it comes to a boiler service, we go above and beyond to keep your boiler at its best. Get more than just a basic servicing with The Boiler Service Company.
What to expect from a boiler service with The Boiler Service Company
Your boiler service will be carried out by one of our Gas Safe engineers. It should last between 30 and 45 minutes and will include the following:
- Checking that the heating system is installed and functioning correctly, in line with gas and water regulations.
- Visual check of the boiler and flame.
- Internal and external checks on the flue.
- Checking the operating pressure and/or heat input, to make sure you’re burning the right amount of gas.
- Checking flame failure devices and thermistors (safety devices).
- Checking case seals for an effective seal.
- Checking all main boiler components and cleaning if required.
- Cleaning the magnetic filter.
- Checking water quality and inhibitor levels.
- Issuing a safety certificate that’s valid for the next 12 months.
Why should you get your boiler serviced?
Here are just a few benefits of getting your boiler serviced every 12 months:
- An annual service will help identify and avert any potential safety issues, such as gas leaks.
- Regular servicing will help keep your boiler running effectively and efficiently, meaning less chance of an unexpected big energy bill!
- Your yearly service will help keep your boiler in good working order for as long as possible.
- Complete servicing records will make it easier to claim on your boiler cover or home insurance, should your boiler break down.
How often should you get your boiler serviced?
You should have your boiler serviced once a year. Because your boiler is often out of action during the summer months, it’s a good idea to book your boiler service for the end of summer, so you know you’re not going to have any nasty surprises come winter time. The last thing you want is a broken boiler leaving you without hot water or heating just as the cold weather sets in!
Does your boiler need looking at in between services?
Your annual service should keep your boiler ticking over nicely. However, from time to time boilers may need repairing or replacing in between services.
If you think there’s something wrong with your boiler (for instance, if you notice any leaks, corrosion or anything else unusual) get in touch with your plumber or gas engineer straight away.
How much does a boiler service cost?
The cost of a boiler service depends on what type of boiler you have. Give us a call for a quote or click on the link below for our guide to the cost of boiler serving.
Areas we cover:
We carry out boiler services on gas and oil boilers all over Derby and Derbyshire, including:
DE1 - Derby
DE22 - Derby
DE3 - Derby
DE23 - Derby
DE4 - Matlock
DE24 - Derby
DE5 - Ripley
DE45 - Bakewell
DE6 - Ashbourne
DE55 - Alfreton
DE7 - Ilkeston
DE56 - Belper
DE11 - Swadlincote
DE65 - Derby
DE12 - Swadlincote
DE72 - Derby
DE13 - Burton-on-Trent
DE73 - Derby
DE14 - Burton-on-Trent
DE74 - Derby
DE15 - Burton-on-Trent
DE75 - Heanor
DE21 - Derby
DE99 - Derby
Please call us: 01332 504669
Mobile: 07866 084729